Disciples of the Burgundy and Gold will be able to see their home stadium accented in pink today, in recognition of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
The Povich Press Box was set up by the Redskins public relations staff with pink namecards, player flip cards, and pregame press releases:
The security personnel are wearing a very intimidating shade of pink polos for the game, and each member of the Redskins staff is wearing pink ribbons. The first 60,000 fans will be given the same pink ribbon pins:
Here are some other gameday features that will show up in your stadium and home moving-picture box:
- Game balls with pink ribbon decals for every down
- Players will be using pink equipment of all forms. All.
- Coaches will wear pink accented hats and ribbon pins.
- Officials will wear pink versions of caps, wristbands, pins, and the all-important ref’s whistle.
- Pink goal post padding.
- Banners in the endzone and scoreboards.
- And breast cancer awareness jackets for the cheerleaders.
Speaking of cheerleaders, here’s footage of them warming up: