Tickets for Kenny Chesney and Tim McGraw’s “Brothers Of the Sun” tour, which stops at FedExField on Sunday, Aug. 12, 2012, go on sale to the public this Friday, Dec. 16, at 10 a.m. ET.
Fans can buy tickets at http://www.ticketmaster.com.
The announcement comes on the heels of Chesney’s incredibly successful “Goin’ Coastal” tour last year, which blew away more than 1.3 million fans, making it the year’s biggest country tour. The show came through FedExField, where Chesney wowed fans with his spectacular entrance to the stage:
This 18-date “Brothers Of the Sun” tour combines Chesney, who consistently has crowds “eating up his every word and move” (Huffington Post) and “master showman” (Huffington Post) McGraw for a once-in-a-lifetime musical experience.
“Brothers of the Sun” will be the first time in 10 years that Chesney and McGraw have traveled together.
“Tim and I have been great friends since we first toured together and I can’t wait to get back on the road with him,” Chesney said. “He’s one of my closest friends in music and in life and I know this tour is going to be something special.”
“Our friendship was forged on the road, so it’s going to be a blast heading out with Kenny again,” McGraw said. “We’ll be having as much fun on stage as the fans will be having in the audience.”
A four-time CMA Entertainer of the Year winner, Chesney was honored at CMT’s Artists of the Year event on Dec. 13. “Reality,” Chesney’s fifth single from 2010’s ‘Hemingway’s Whiskey,’ was just shipped to radio.
McGraw is a three-time Grammy Award winner who has had a No. 1 single in each of the last three decades – 32 in total – including the title track of his most recent album, “Southern Voice.”
His 2010 tour in support of that album was the year’s biggest country tour. “Felt Good On My Lips,” from his double-CD “Number One Hits,” spent three weeks at No. 1 earlier this year.
McGraw is also an accomplished actor, having starred in football films such as the Oscar-nominated blockbuster “The Blind Side” and the critically acclaimed “Friday Night Lights.”
“Brothers of the Sun” Tour 2012:
- Sat. June 2 – Tampa, Fla. – Raymond James Stadium
- Sun. June 3 – Atlanta, Ga. – Georgia Dome
- Sat. June 9 – Dallas, Texas – Cowboys Stadium
- Sun. June 10 – Kansas City, Mo. – Arrowhead Stadium
- Sat. June 15 – Philadelphia, Pa. – Lincoln Financial Field
- Sat. June 23 – Nashville, Tenn. – LP Field
- Sun. June 24 – Charlotte, N.C. – Bank of America Stadium
- Sat. June 30 – Pittsburgh, Pa. – Heinz Field
- Sun. July 1 – Cincinnati, Ohio – Paul Brown Stadium
- Sat. July 7 – Chicago, Ill. – Soldier Field
- Sun. July 8 – Minneapolis, Minn. – Target Field
- Sat. July 21 – Denver, Colo. – Sports Authority Field at Mile High
- Sat. July 28 – Indianapolis, Ind. – Lucas Oil Stadium
- Sun. July 29 – Cleveland, Ohio – Cleveland Browns Stadium
- Sat. Aug. 11 – East Rutherford, N.J. – MetLife Stadium
- Sun. Aug. 12 – Washington, D.C. – FedExField
- Sat. Aug. 18 – Detroit, Mich. – Ford Field
- Sat. Aug. 25 – Foxboro, Mass. – Gillette Stadium